My daughters (D&D) are very fond of street food. These two little ladies somehow don’t find the food available on the streets any more ‘spicy’ compared to the home made half-a-chilli veg curry (though if I added a little more than half-a-chilli in their curry, they would cry foul and bring the house down!).
So thought would make some street style food with the available (of course healthy) ingredients. (I cannot compromise on the health part. Sometimes, I myself feel I’m overdoing this part but I just can’t help it.)
- A few roasted papads – broken into small pieces
- Soaked and boiled channa – 1/2 cup
- Left over aloo curry – 2 tbsp
- Green chutney (mint, coriander and half-a-chilli) – 3 tsps
- Peanuts – a handful
- Finely chopped onion – 1 medium
- Finely chopped tomatoes – 1 medium
- Grated carrot – 1 small
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Sev (ompudi) – optional
Assemble everything on a plate, mix in the green chutney and add the garnish, and you are ready to go. Call it anything – papad masala, channa chat, aloo chat, or whatever other name you fancy. My little girls loved it!